BetterPoints Sheffield is all about inspiring healthier journeys. Can you help to create a cleaner, greener city by travelling in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community, as well as helping the local economy too?
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. Record your journeys and keep track of how many points you’ve earned. You can exchange your points for Sheffield Gift Cards, spend them at participating local businesses, or donate them to your favourite charity.
Follow these steps to get started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Tap Join now and fill out the form.
3. You will be automatically added to the BetterPoints Sheffield challenge if you live in Sheffield.* There will be a welcome message on the Home screen.
4. Turn tracking on in the top right-hand corner of the Home screen - make sure you grant the necessary permissions as prompted.
5. Leave it on to automatically record all your journeys and make sure you never miss out on BetterPoints or BetterTicket prize draw entries. You can turn it on and off at the start and end of each trip if you prefer to record manually.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
* Contact email@example.com for a referral code if you work or study in Sheffield but live outside the city.
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on locally to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways all year round.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?
When you first register to use the BetterPoints app, it will ask you to provide personal details to get you started. This includes your name, email address, year of birth, and postcode. We also ask you to create a secure password for accessing the BetterPoints app and protecting your account.